The 113th Illinois PTA Convention will be held April 17-18, 2015 at the Embassy Suites East Peoria Hotel. Here are six great reasons to join us on the banks of the Illinois River:
- Time-Saving Ideas: Workshop will offer leadership training and show start-to-finish ways of using successful packaged programs.
- Engaging Families: Learn more ways to involve families and the community to accomplish your goals.
- Putting a Smile on Administrators’ Faces: Take back programs which help implement the new Illinois Family Engagement Framework and Illinois Learning Standards. Learn about Vision 20/20, the new roadmap for improving education in Illinois that is supported by seven school administration groups, the Illinois PTA, and over 300 Illinois school districts.
- Networking: Compare notes, ask questions, brag, and most of all share ideas with other local units and councils who have often already faced the same issues that you are going through. Why struggle on your own when you can come to convention and find proven ideas and programs that work?
- Designed Around You: On evaluations of last year’s convention, you said you wanted more workshops and a longer weekend event. We listened.
- Be a Part of the Decision-Making Process: It may not be the focus of convention, but the Illinois PTA can’t operate without you, the members, approving a budget and electing officers and members of the Board Development and Nominating Committee.
So plan now to attend the Illinois PTA Convention on April 17-18, 2015. Covering the cost of convention registration, travel, and accommodations are all legitimate PTA budget expenses. Online registration is open now, so don’t wait! Register today!