As PTA volunteers, we are all very busy. We recognize the importance of continuing leadership training, but with our children’s activities, work, and other volunteer commitments, it is difficult to find time to attend training meetings. Are you aware that National PTA offers a large variet
To access our e-learning courses, you will need an online National PTA profile. For assistance with creating a profile or registering for a course, please read the e-learning registration guide. Also, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
Para obtener instrucciones en español sobre cómo crear un perfil e inscribirse para un curso, por favor lea la Guía de inscripción para aprendizaje electrónico.
The e-learning courses offered are:
- PTA Basics: Discover PTA’s history, structure, programs, and the issues for which it advocates. (approx. 40 min)
- Effective Advocacy for Your Child: Organize around local issues and address them to benefit the needs of children and your community. This course is designed for emerging local leaders, but all are welcome to attend. (approx. 30 min.)
- National Standards for Family School Partnerships: Explore how the National Standards for Family School Partnerships creates a framework for engaging families in meaningful ways to support student success. (approx. 30 min.)
PTA Nuts and Bolts Series
- Board Basics: Learn the basic governance structures behind most PTA units. (approx. 40 min.)
- Conceptos básicos para las juntas (Board Basics in Spanish): Aprenda las estructuras básicas de gobernación detrás de la mayoría de las unidades de la PTA. (approx. 40 min.) ¡NUEVO!
- Local Unit President: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA president. (approx. 30 min.)
- El presidente de una unidad local (Local Unit President in Spanish): Este curso es un introducción a las funciones y responsabilidades del presidente de una unidad local de la PTA. (approx. 30 min.)¡NUEVO!
- Local Unit Secretary: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA secretary.(approx. 30 min.)
- Local Unit Treasurer: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA treasurer. (approx. 40 min.)
- Membership Basics: This course will provide local PTA members with basic ideas on membership – why you want to grow, how to reach everyone in your community, and what tools you can use to succeed. (approx. 40 min.)NEW!
- Creating and Delivering a Speech: Improve your public speaking skills. (approx. 30 min.)
- Cultural Competency: Learn cultural awareness and how to build relationships across cultural groups. (approx. 20 min.)
- Ethical Leadership: Learn how to accomplish your goals with fairness and integrity. (approx. 20 min.)
- Parliamentary Procedure: This course will teach you how rules of conduct positively affect PTA decision-making, while ensuring fair and orderly unit operations. (approx. 30 min.)
- Planning Your PTA Year: Learn to keep volunteers motivated by putting an achievable plan together for the year.(approx. 30 min.)
- Preventing Theft in Your PTA: This course will teach you how to detect theft in your unit and what to do if you suspect it is happening.(approx. 30 min.)
- Running a Successful Program: Learn the steps for taking a program idea from concept to reality. (approx. 30 min.)
- Writing and Proposing PTA Resolutions: Stories from “the field” combined with practical advice make the resolution development and proposal process easy. (approx. 30 min.)
For optimal viewing experience of our e-learning courses, please use a personal computer that meets the following minimum system requirements:
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Flash Player 10 or later
- Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later
Not all mobile devices are supported. If you experience difficulty accessing a course or would like to report a problem, contact email@example.com.