- How are counselors chosen?
- How is the staff trained in terms of safety?
- What’s the camp’s policy vis-à-vis disciplining campers and staff?
- Have there ever been serious injuries or deaths at the camp?
- Does the summer camp do overnight trips or excursions, and, if so, what’s the safety protocol?
- Does the camp have an emergency plan?
- Is the summer camp accredited by the American Camp Association?
You can find more information on what answers you should hear to these questions from the Great Kids article. Be sure to ask these critical questions before signing your child up for a camp.
Photo courtesy Sgt. Leejay Lockhart, U.S. Army