When filling out the FAFSA, be sure to avoid these 12 common mistakes:
- Not completing the FAFSA form.
- Not using the correct website.
- Not filling out the FAFSA form as soon as it’s available.
- Not filing the FAFSA form by the deadline.
- Not getting an FSA ID before filling out the FAFSA form.
- Not suing your FSA ID to start the FAFSA form.
- Not using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT).
- Not reading definitions carefully.
- Inputting incorrect information.
- Not reporting required information.
- Listing only one college.
- Not signing the FAFSA form.
Finally, don’t forget to check out the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website for additional information and help in filling out the FAFSA.