Transcripts (applications) are available at all courses and events, and any state board member, district director, or course trainer may sign. Completed transcripts should be sent to your District or Region Director or to the Illinois PTA Leadership Development Director. Doctoral recipients are recognized at the Illinois PTA Convention.
To earn the Bachelor’s Degree, participants must complete five requirements:
- Take PTA 101: Your Road to Success (required for all officers)
- Take Money Matters 101 (required for all treasurers)
- Attend a Council, District, or Region meeting or workshop (this can be a training event where you take the above courses)
- Attend an Illinois PTA state conference or workshop (not at the Illinois PTA Convention), such as an Illinois PTA Value of PTA event.
- Attend the Illinois PTA Convention
To earn the Master’s Degree, participants must earn their Bachelor’s Degree and complete four out of five electives:
- Take the President’s Course (required for all presidents)
- Take the PTA Council Course
- Take Money Matters 201
- Attend a Legislation/Advocacy Conference (i.e., Illinois PTA Advocacy Day in Springfield)
- Attend the National PTA Convention
To earn the Doctorate Degree, participants must earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees, complete the Illinois PTA Train the Trainers course, and complete a thesis project. The Train the Trainers course requires the recommendation of your District or Region Director or other Illinois PTA state board member to attend. The thesis project requires prior approval of the Illinois PTA Leadership Development Director, and is an opportunity for the candidate to apply what they have learned from the rest of their Illinois PTA University work. Examples of thesis projects include, but are not limited to:
- Creating an approved PTA training course
- Creating an approved PTA program
- Hosting a candidate’s forum
- Organizing a Value of PTA event
Contact your Region Director, District Director, or the Illinois PTA Leadership Development Director to schedule a course or visit the Illinois PTA website events page to see what courses are coming up.