Any public high school senior that has a GPA of 3.0 or better. They must be enrolled in the education field or an education-related field (e.g., to become a school nurse or psychologist).
A completed application must be submitted by February 15, 2015.
This year’s application is only available online.
Here are just a few tips on filling out the application.
- Don’t forget to put the county (not country) you live in, as this is vital for us to know what PTA district you live in.
- We need a photo so if you win, we can publish the announcement with your smiling face!
- Signature boxes! This part can be tricky, but it is still pretty easy. Just use your mouse or if you have a touch screen, you can use your finger to do the signature. If you are uneasy with a mouse, you can save your application and open it up with a touch-screen monitor.
- Guidance counselors must sign your application, as this is a confirmation that your transcript is correct. Speaking of transcripts, they must include the first semester grades of your senior year and indicate if your GPA is 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Answering the essay questions and filling out the activities and awards sections may take considerable time and space. So, start drafting early and be mindful of the amount of characters that you are limited to in the text box.