The 45th Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd, and it’s not too late to plan an event at your school or in your community.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has lots of resources focused on students to help both parents and teachers engage students on the environment. Among the resources are:
- Teacher lesson plans: complete lesson plans on environmental and science topics.
- Homework resources: Everything from coloring books for younger students, to links to interactive websites on various environmental topics, to diagrams explaining environmental systems and more.
- Environmental games: Students can learn about various environmental topics while playing online or downloadable games and activities.
- Earth Day Resources: Find Earth Day events near where you live.
- Community Service Projects: Find out about service projects that may be already happening in your area or how you can start one.