Every parent wants their child to eat well and develop healthy habits, but with today’s busy lives, helping your child build those skills can be a challenge. Action for Healthy Kids has created a Healthy Eating Toolkit for parents and educators to help improve student learning, behavior, and emotional health.
The toolkit is made up of interactive tiles that:
- illustrate simple ideas that can be done at home or in the classroom to build healthy habits
- link to blog articles and recipes for healthier breakfasts, snacks, and other meals
- help parents understand how school lunches work
- provide tools to work with your school to improve student meals
- explain how PTAs can use healthy fundraisers to support their work
On the teacher side of the toolkit, the tiles show how to support healthy habits in the classroom and in the curriculum. Check out the toolkit and begin planning how your PTA can support healthy habits for students.