You might be aware of National PTA’s Parents’ Guides to Student Success that help parents understand what their child is learning, how to talk with their child’s teacher, and how to help support their child’s education. National PTA has partnered with the National Education Association to create additional family guides to help parents support their child in critical learning areas.
PTA leaders and teachers can use the guides to engage families in education from Pre-K through high school. The guides are available in both English and Spanish and include:
- Preparing Your Child for School (en español)
- Making Sure Your Child Gets the Education They Deserve (en español)
- Starting Kindergarten Off Right (en español)
- Raising Ready Readers (en español)
- Developing Your Child’s Reading Skills (en español)
- Helping Your Child with Today’s Math (en español)
- Raising a Scientifically Literate Child (en español)
- Testing at Your Child’s School (en español)
- Helping Your Teen Succeed in High School (en español)
Share these guides with your membership and all families at your school, whether it is sending out copies or links to your e-mail list, working with your school or district to produce copies for families, or including one in each of your newsletters throughout the year. By providing families with the support and information they need to help their children, you demonstrate the value of joining and supporting your PTA.