Every Kid Healthy Week is an annual event organized by Action for Healthy Kids to celebrate school health and wellness during the last full week of April. Each day of the week focuses on a specific way schools and families can improve the health and wellness of kids. Your PTA can host an Every Kid Healthy Week event using the resources from Action for Healthy Kids, and those PTAs that do so and register their event will be entered in a drawing for a gift card or prizes from their sponsors.
Each day focuses on a specific aspect of student health and wellness:
- April 26 is Mindful Monday, focusing on Social Emotional Health
- April 27 is Tasty Tuesday, focusing on Nutrition and Food Access
- April 28 is Wellness Wednesday, focusing on Self-Care Strategies
- April 29 is Thoughtful Thursday, focusing on Connectedness, Relationship Skills and Social Awareness
- April 30 is Fitness Friday, focusing on Physical Activity and Active Play
Using the resources from Action for Healthy Kids, you can organize an event that students can do at school or at home with their families. Action for Healthy Kids also has a recorded webinar discussing Every Kid Healthy Week.
The past year has taken its toll on everyone’s health, both physical and mental. Every Kid Healthy Week provides an opportunity for your PTA to help families better support their students’ physical, mental, and emotional needs. Start organizing your event today.