National PTA recently announced the 2019-2021 Schools of Excellence, and Illinois PTA is proud to congratulate our record number of schools being recognized. The 11 schools are:
- Frederick Douglass PTSA, Chicago
- George W. Lieb PTA, Inc, Bridgeview
- Glacier Ridge PTA, Crystal Lake
- Granger Middle School PTA, Aurora
- Greenbrier Elementary PTA, Arlington Heights
- Homewood PTA, Homewood
- Pershing Panthers PTA, Chicago
- Quincy Junior High School PTA, Quincy
- Urbana Middle School PTSA, Urbana
- Windsor PTA, Arlington Heights
- Kreitner PTA, Collinsville
Kreitner PTA is now a two-time School of Excellence, having been one of Illinois PTA’s first honorees.
The School of Excellence programprovides a step-by-step guide for improving family engagement in your school. To participate, enroll your school by October 1st, conduct a survey of your families by November and receive a roadmap to success, follow the roadmap throughout the year, conduct a follow-up survey between March and June to measure your improvement, and submit your final report by June 1st. The Illinois PTA field service team provides PTAs in the program support throughout the process.
PTAs that successfully complete the program receive a banner and materials for their school celebration and are automatically considered for the Phoebe Apperson Hearst Awardand a $2,000 grant. Both principals and PTAs that have participated have praised the way that the program has transformed the conversations and climate at their school and in their PTA.