We’re big fans of Learning Heroes, and we’ve talked about their Readiness Check before. Now, in partnership with National PTA and Univision, Learning Heroes has launched Ready to Partner, a research-based bilingual resource to help parents and teachers work together for what will certainly be a different sort of school year.
The Ready to Partner initiative starts with a one-page summary in English and Spanish that lays out the five steps that families can take to partner with their child’s teacher to support their child this school year. The Readiness Check is an important part of the initiative, but it is certainly not all of it. Other resources include:
- Questions to ask your child’s teacher at the start of the year (in Spanish)
- A parent-teacher planning tool (in Spanish)
- Short videos with teachers answering Back-to-School questions
- A collection of videos to help families support their child’s social and emotional needs (also in Spanish on the page)
- A linked list of trusted resources for families to support their child’s education no matter what grade they are in
- Social media assets in English and Spanish to support the initiative
As part of the Ready to Partner initiative, Learning Heroes will be cohosting a webinar on September 10th at 1:00pm CDT with National PTA, GreatSchools, and Common Sense Media. The webinar will discuss the Ready to Partner initiative and how to support family engagement this school year. Sign up for the webinar and be sure to check out the resources at Ready to Partnerto support your child’s education whether in person or online.